Wednesday 14 October 2009

Larry back again

Genius, genius genius. I'm officially in love.....with Larry David. Which is actually a bit of a major concern as i basically see myself as a younger British version of him, so in fact, like I've always suspected, I'm sort of in love with myself.
Anyway the new series begins on Thursday on More 4 at 10.55 so be sure not to miss it. The man is a genius. For example, a line taken from the advert:

Larry: "I'd rather have the thieves than the neighbours.The thieves don't impose"

Old Woman: "What are you talking about?"

Larry: " Neighbours want your time, the thieves want your things. I'd rather give them things than time."

This statement, as well as being supremely comic, is also extremely perceptive and shows Larry to have - paradoxically for such a selfish person - a subtle moral brilliance. To him, time is more precious that possessions. A lesson to us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment